What is Oktobearfest?
Oktobearfest is a craft beer festival fundraiser highlighting local breweries. There are 45+ beer stations with two styles of beer at each and food trucks vending throughout the Zoo. Many of the Zoo’s first-class animal exhibits are open that evening for guests to enjoy. The event also features live music, games and activities.
Who can attend Oktobearfest?
Anyone 21 years or older may purchase a ticket to attend. Valid photo I.D. must be presented upon entry. Children will not be permitted to enter the Zoo during this event.
What happens if it rains?
Oktobearfest is a rain or shine event and will still take place in the event of rain. For this reason, all tickets are non-refundable; guests should plan accordingly for inclement weather.
How do I get to and from the Zoo on the night of the festival?
Festival attendees are encouraged to use the Zoo’s free shuttle service to and from 30th & JFK Boulevard. Shuttle service begins at 4:15 p.m. and runs continuously throughout the night. The last shuttle will depart the Zoo at 8:30 p.m.
What animals will I see during this event?
Festival attendees will have access to the entire Zoo beginning at 5:00 p.m., but some animals have earlier bedtimes and will go in before the event ends. Please refer to the event map sent to ticketholders prior to the festival for specific closing times.
Are you serving any other types of alcohol?
Breweries will primarily serve beer and there will be a limited number of ciders available.
Will there be non-alcoholic beverages available?
Non Drinker ticketholders will receive a bottle of water when entering. Additional water and various soft drinks will be available for purchase at food stands and food trucks throughout the event.
What is your smoking policy?
For this event, the Zoo has identified specific smoking areas as a convenience for guests. Please refer to the event map and use these areas only for smoking.
What is your bag policy?
Bags may be subject to inspection upon entry. To ensure a speedy entrance, bags should be no larger than 16″ x 16″ x 8″.
I am having ticketing issues (purchasing, printing, processing, etc.). Who should I speak with?
Please contact the Zoo’s Guest Relations department at 215-243-5254.
Additional Information to Know:
- You must print your tickets prior to arrival. Mobile tickets will not be accepted. If you need your tickets resent to you, please contact email@example.com
- Don’t forget your ID. Valid photo ID must be presented with your ticket in order to enter the event. ID. Anyone under the age of 21 will not be permitted into the event. This applies to Non Drinker ticketholders as well.
- All Festival guests should enter through the Zoo’s Main Entrance. Gates will open at 5:00 p.m.
- At check in, Non Drinkers will be briefly separated from their parties and asked to enter through the gate adjacent to the entrance for drinking guests.
- Parking is located in the Zoo Garage at 35th & Girard Avenue. For directions, click here.
- Shuttle service will run from 30th Street Station to the Zoo, beginning at 4:15 p.m. The shuttle will pick up and drop off Festival guests at the corner of 30th & JFK Boulevard. The last shuttle of the evening will depart from the Zoo at 8:30 p.m.
- Food from Philadelphia’s top mobile food vendors will be available for purchase. Vendors accept cash or credit card and multiple ATMs are available throughout the Zoo.
- There will be no re-entry to this event. Please plan accordingly.
I have additional questions. Who can I speak with?
Please contact the Events Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 215-243-5375. Please allow one business day for a response.